Call us now ! Send us an email Suite 230 Wilcrest Dr Houston United States

Back to Top


Why You Should Look Into an Immigration Lawyer for Naturalization


If you have your permanent resident green card, you probably know that there are a variety of reasons that it could be revoked. Sometimes, a resident isn’t even notified that their green card is in jeopardy beforehand. If you’re looking into naturalization, your best option is to hire an immigration lawyer to help you through the process. Some people are hesitant about hiring a lawyer but here are a couple of reasons why you shouldn’t be hesitant.

More ...


Immigration Accountability Executive Action

On November 20, 2014, President Obama announced a series of executive actions aimed at making changes to the U.S. immigration system. Such efforts include expanding the current Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program; creating a new deferred action program for parents of U.S. citizen of Lawful Permanent Resident children called Deferred Action for Parental Accountability (DAPA); improving the current visa system, including changes to employment-based visas; and expanding the family members who are eligible for the provisional waiver process.

Same-Sex Marriages

In Windsor v. United States, the Supreme Court of the United States found section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) unconstitutional. This means that legally married same-sex couples are now eligible to receive federal benefits, including immigration benefits.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several key guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and would then be eligible for work authorization.

Adjustment of Status for TPS Holders

In 2012, a landmark Board of Immigration Appeals case, Matter of Arrabally and Matter of Yerrabelly, 25 I&N Dec. 771 (B.I.A. 2012), found that TPS holders who entered the U.S. without inspection by an immigration officer (also known as “EWI”) could leave the U.S., reenter and be admitted by an immigration officer, and apply for adjustment of status if they are married to a U.S. citizen spouse without triggering inadmissibility issues for any time spent unlawfully in the United States.

Please stay tuned for more immigration news. If you require assistance with your case or want to see if you qualify for any of these new developments, please contact our office for a consultation.